Editorial Director, The Balance
About Your Role
As Editorial Director for The Balance, you will help take our personal finance brand to the next level with your digital savvy, enthusiasm and first-class communication and management skills. Your primary focus will be to manage content quality and improve editorial workflows and user experience. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of what makes high-quality, credible finance online content.
About Your Contributions
- Help shape, define, and implement editorial strategy to increase audience and drive user engagement.
- Use data to identify new opportunities for the finance channel including editorial gaps, tools, content creation and more.
- Work with cross-functional teams to help drive SEO, email, and content growth strategies forward.
- Track competitive landscape to identify trends and opportunities within the space.
- Must have experience with finance content and understand the nuances to produce it.
- Be a self-starter who leans into their work and takes a proactive approach day-to-day.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of what content works well online
- Analytical skills to identify growth opportunities and measure effectiveness
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Consistently keep up to date with industry trends related to Finance content; able to identify topics of interest to a wide audience.
- Solid understanding of current SEO best practices.
- Experience with Google Analytics
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.