Tech Editor, Commerce Team
About Your Role:
As the Tech Editor, Commerce Team you will focus on building out full-length product reviews for Lifewire.com to support the site’s existing round-ups and buying guides. You’ll use your expertise to source and on-board top-rated freelance talent in tech industry and assign out product reviews based on search demand and revenue data. Our goal is to build best-in-class product review content that adds meaningful user value and helps them make educated buying decisions.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for assigning, editing, and writing a high volume of content. You will be juggling assignments from freelancers along with product feedback from Dotdash staff.
About Your Contributions:
- Create the prototype for full-length tech product reviews (what information needs to be included, how should this be formatted in an article, etc.)
- Assign and edit full product reviews of 1,000+ words, particularly for Lifewire.com, to support our existing round-ups and buying guides
- Stay up to date on the latest must-have gadgets in the tech industry; you’re just as excited about the latest router to hit the market as you are about the new Samsung phone
- Work alongside our product testing team to naturally weave feedback into full-length reviews in a way that doesn’t seem forced
- Manage writer invoices
- Source and onboard new writers as needed
- 5+ years experience editing commerce content in the tech space
- Have a deep knowledge of all things tech and a strong network of top-notch freelancers in the industry
- Strong writing, research, copywriting, and copyediting skills, with a track record of producing high-quality content
- Ability to be proactive and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline driven and detail oriented with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently
- Comfortable digging into data to help drive content making decisions
- Familiarity with content management systems and web analytics tools
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.