As Art Director, Revenue Product, you’ll play an integral role in creating innovative and highly visual co-branded programs and content experiences across our award-winning brands. Our intent-driven readers are looking to find answers, solve problems, and take action. As a design leader, this means you’ll be responsible for concepting, pitching, building and optimizing products that provide clear and definable value to our advertising partners, without sacrificing the best-in-class user experience of our sites.
The ability to understand big-picture business needs and lead a team in translating them into achievable and measurable results is critical to success in this role. This position reports to the Executive Creative Director.
About Your Contributions
- Drive the design vision and strategy for the Revenue Product team
- Lead the concept, design and development of advertising solutions in concert with all relevant business partners (Revenue, Content, Product, Marketing and Engineering)
- Manage and serve as lead in the creation of presales collateral, including mocks, marketing one-sheets, media kits and briefs
- Manage and serve as lead in post-sales client executions, including editorial sponsorships, co-branded experiences, and custom rich media offerings
- Manage and serve as lead on internal communication design initiatives, including those for public relations, human resources and office facilities
- Articulate conceptual and directional choices to internal and external business partners
- Inspire and motivate teams within Dotdash Design—actively contributing to and promoting continual creative improvement
- Ensure brand best practices are upheld through all digital and analog touchpoints
- You have a strong background, with at least 6 years of visual design experience at a digital publisher or agency with a strong focus on co-branded products, interface design and user experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience managing a small team of designers, with proven mentoring and supervisory skills
- You have the ability to provide clear art direction and helpful feedback to improve quality of work and promote career growth of direct reports
- You have a thorough understanding of digital advertising standards, practices, and technologies
- You have a mastery of fundamental design principles (imagery, color, layout, form and typography)
- You have outstanding technical skills with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, and presentation tools including PowerPoint and Keynote
- You have a firm understanding of CSS, HTML and front-end development capabilities, and are familiar with the Atomic Design methodology
- You have superior time management and organizational skills, and the ability to coach others to work across multiple projects, deadlines and brands
- You have exceptional communication abilities and presentation skills when interfacing with internal and external clients
- You have a command of current design trends, a curiosity for new technologies and a proven track records of innovating how people engage with brands
- You have a degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or a related field
Candidates must have a compelling web-based portfolio of distinctive work that spans product, marketing and communication design.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.