Radio Account Executive
MIX 101.5 WRAL-FM is a heritage Triangle community powerhouse radio station that provides credible service elements (news, traffic, weather), feel-good music, and a lineup of local engaging on-air talent to an enormous, loyal Triangle audience.
Our sales staff uses a consultative approach that focuses on uncovering the critical challenges facing potential clients, then designing logical solutions that incorporate strategic elements across multiple platforms. Organization, creativity, persistence, integrity, accountability, and positivity are among key skills and traits necessary for success in this position. This is a full-time role based in Raleigh, NC that reports to the station’s Sales Manager.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU…
- Take pride in exceptional customer service
- Specialize in building strong, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Set out to learn something new today
- Work hard, think fast and have fun
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience (broadcast preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
- New business development experience: Strong desire to prospect and create new business opportunities across on-air, event and digital platforms
- Proven track record of achieving overall monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Led by example and helped cultivate a positive, productive, successful working environment as a team player on any sales staff you were a part of
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred. A valid driver’s license with clean driving record and pre-employment drug screening are required.
EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.