TV News Photographer
WRAL News is looking for a photographer with a hunger for breaking news and creative storytelling. The WRAL News team, responsible for more than 11.5 hours of live daily local news production. A qualified candidate will be a dynamic, multi-skilled video journalist who wants to be part of the #1 news team in the Raleigh TV market. WRAL News photographers are supported with the technology to help you improve your photography and videography skills.
Commitment to excellence is a must. This person must be able to travel on assignment and possess a wide range of technical skills, to include operation of live trucks, expert editing skills, experience using backpack live units and the ability to troubleshoot on the fly. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We are based in Raleigh, NC, consistently named one of the best places to live in America.
- Five years news photography and non-linear editing experience.
- Experience in operating microwave trucks.
- Satellite truck and drone operation experience is preferred.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in extreme weather.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and editing equipment.
- Must be able to move quickly inside and outside on uneven, unfamiliar terrain and areas, and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions.
If you are a visual storyteller who wants to surround yourself with an incredible team and work for a legacy station please apply.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WNGT-CD, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, WRAL Digital and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and Coastal Plain League in Durham, NC; The Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.