Strategic Accounts Manager - Radio
WRAL-FM is looking for a dynamic Strategic Accounts Manager to join our sales team. This person will be responsible for finding local business partners to create custom marketing campaigns utilizing our deep range of assets that include: audio (streaming/podcast/radio), digital, video and television. Our marketing portfolio is anchored by our radio stations (MIX 101.5/99.9 ESPN Radio The Fan/That Station) that reach over a half-million users each week.
Additionally, we have a complete digital suite of marketing products along with the newly launched WRALSports+, Raleigh-Durham’s only 24/7 local sports TV station.
We have unmatched local resources to build out custom, multi-platform marketing campaigns targeting the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill market and beyond.
This is an outside sales position that will require you to prospect target accounts to develop into long term marketing partners. Experience in outside sales is needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
- Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices
- Strong internal and external relationship-building skills
- Ability to plan, organize, set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Formidable negotiation and closing skills
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Independent; self-motivated; competitive; assertive
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Flexible, creative, positive team player
- Understanding/experience of audio/digital/video marketing is highly preferred
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record is required.
- Prospects and solicits new business; builds and maintains a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Services and grows existing client relationships
- Identifies client needs/challenges and develops strategic multi-platform campaigns to deliver results
- Creates and executes effective sales presentations
- Delivers exceptional service to ensure client satisfaction
- Works collaboratively and respectfully within sales team and across all internal departments
- Collects outstanding invoices to keep accounts current
- Follows station procedures on order entry/revisions, resolving billing issues, maintaining accurate pending and activity updates in CRM, forecasting, collection, loading traffic/production/creative direction
- Accountable to established monthly/quarterly/annual individual revenue goals
- Projects an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.