Sr. SW QA Engineer
Barracuda Networks is looking for a Sr. SW QA Engineer to join the Barracuda Backup QA Team.
The individual in this role:
- Will be responsible for building, leading and managing the software testing activities as it relates to various Backup related projects.
- Will collect and report on metrics related to product testing.
- Will be involved in planning, deploying, and managing the testing effort for any given project.
- Will have a good understanding of continuous integration, build and deploy process.
- Should also have a proven ability to code in C# or any object-oriented programming language
- Should have the ability to write performance, load and stress tests using tools like JMeter or Load UI or any other tools.
- Will be responsible for developing timelines and work breakdown for releases
- Guide engineering team to build quality in the product
- Will participate in product design meetings
- Will work with the product management team, engineering team, and customer support team to define test requirements and analyze test results.
- Guide the team to understand and define testing approaches for a feature/release
- Serve as mentor for team members and recommend training opportunities
What do you need to be successful?
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technology field; or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in computer programming or software testing
- Experience in a full project testing life cycle including test case creation, script development, manual testing, black box testing, and regression testing
- Experience with a variety of testing approaches
- Ability to understand and analyze customer requirements
- Strong coding, design and analytical skills
- Experience in Relational databases
- Code version control using Git
- Common testing practices in a highly agile project environment
- Build tools such as Jenkins
- Automation tools including Selenium WebDriver, Postman
- Automation frameworks
- CI/CD tools such as Kubernetes, Azure DevOps
- Defect management tools such as JIRA
Our workplace includes:
- Great downtown location, with tons of restaurants within walking distance
- Flexible PTO
- Subsidized Parking
- Bagel Wednesdays