On-Camera Faculty - Acting for Camera
AMDA is seeking instructors with Acting, TV, and Film experience designed specifically for teaching acting as related to the techniques and challenges in a film/video medium. Applicants must possess the ability to effectively guide and communicate with actors in all levels of acting and audition techniques for TV and film. A working knowledge of video equipment (camera, boom, monitor, etc.) as used in the class environment is required; practical skills with editing are a plus. Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty". Applicants must have experience within the Performing Arts industry.
- Preference will be given to instructors with recent/current credits.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material is required.
- Applicants must have experience in providing and maintaining a professional studio and performance atmosphere for education.
- Successful applicants must have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Knowledge of current techniques and trends for acting on camera.
- Applicants must be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- BFA required/Master's Degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.