Certified Athletic Trainer (Part-Time Over-Hire)
AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts, with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two year conservatory programs.
The Over-Hire Athletic Trainer will collaborate with the Athletic Performance staff to provide preventative services, first aid care, injury evaluation, short-term injury rehabilitation and physician referral guidance for our students.
The Certified Athletic Trainer’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with injury consultation, management and physician referral for students currently enrolled at AMDA Los Angeles
- Perform evaluation and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries
- Provide injury prevention consultation and education
- Apply first aid care
- Promote welcoming atmosphere and quality customer service for students
- Maintain professionalism and uphold confidentiality of student health information
- Maintain accurate and detailed record keeping
- Communicate with outside health care professionals as needed
- Assist with Athletic Performance Studio coverage as determined by supervisor
- Assist with workshops and presentations as needed
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the AMDA Center for Health & Performance
- Maintain communication with supervisor and partnering departments
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field from a CAATE Accredited Athletic Training Education Program (Master’s degree preferred)
- Board of Certification (BOC) credential required
- Minimum one year of professional experience (dance or performing arts setting preferred)
- Strong clinical skills including manual therapy techniques, postural assessment and corrective exercise prescription (previous experience in Pilates a plus)
- Familiarity with movement screening is a plus
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a diverse population.
- Ability to handle multifaceted tasks
- Great attention to detail
- Maintain Board of Certification (BOC) credential
- Maintain continued education in performing arts and sports medicine fields
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V