Group Piano Faculty
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
AMDA is seeking Group Piano Instructors with experience teaching beginner and intermediate level piano. Prior experience with working with an electronic keyboard lab is preferred. Applicants should have experience instructing individuals as well as group ensembles. Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from working faculty. Applicants must have performance experience within the industry; preference will be given to instructors with recent/current performance credits.
- Experience teaching musicianship, piano, and sight singing is a plus.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional studio and performance atmosphere within the classroom.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.