The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers a two-year conservatory program in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts.
We are currently seeking a Handyman at our New York campus. This position will be responsible for providing increased coverage and prompt response to various requests for maintenance across AMDA’s campus buildings. Additionally, the Maintenance Technician will play an active role in providing excellent customer service by prioritizing work orders and ensuring requests are met and answered in a timely fashion. Schedule is:
Wednesday-Friday: 11am to 8pm
Saturday-Sunday: 8am to 5pm
- Respond to any and all work orders submitted through AMDA’s online system.
- Light carpentry work (repairing doors, hanging shelving, etc.).
- Minor electrical work (installing/repairing of light fixtures, outlets, switches, installing appliances, etc.).
- Minor plumbing repairs (unclogging sinks/toilets, addressing leaks, replacing piping, etc.).
- Painting and plastering.
- Door lock and hinge repair.
- Waste disposal.
- General upkeep and monitoring of building machinery (i.e. boilers, HVAC, and elevators).
- Reporting any safety/mechanical concerns to management.
- Applicants must meet the physical demands of the position which include the ability to lift at least 50 pounds and to work on feet throughout the course of the work day.
- Prior knowledge of and experience in routine building maintenance such as, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer-based systems, including e-mail and be comfortable working on a computer/tablet.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate various requests that may be time sensitive.
- All applicants should have at least two years’ professional experience.
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' development and learning styles.
- Members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V