Campus Safety Officer
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in New York City and Hollywood, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as two year conservatory programs.
The Residential Safety Officer will maintain a safe and secure environment for students by patrolling and monitoring the campus.
Must be able to work overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Secure all buildings (floors, classroom and restrooms)
- Know emergency water shutoff valve locations and FCR (fire control codes)
- Respond to noise complaints and remove unauthorized visitors from the housing areas
- Respond to power outages and reset electrical breakers
- Respond to plumbing issues, water leaks and handle any other emergency maintenance situation
- Report non-functioning lights and electrical issues to Facilities via the ticketing system
- Respond to elevator malfunctions and reset when possible
- Respond to and resolve roommate disputes and other disturbances
- Respond to medical emergency situations and contact emergency personnel
- Respond to student lockouts and provide entry
- Provide student escorts when requested
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of security and general facility maintenance experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive student interactions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self starter with minimal supervision required
- First Aid and CPR preferred
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office computer systems
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V