Student Accounts Coordinator
AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as a two-year conservatory program.
We are currently seeking a full-time Student Accounts Coordinator for our New York City campus. This position will be aligned with the New York Student Accounts and Finance Departments.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing students' accounts at the New York campus and providing ongoing support to students and families, while maintaining sensitivity in dealing with financial issues
- Responding to any student issues and cultivating positive relationships with school families
- Following up regularly with students regarding balances and payments, including send monthly payment reminders
- Distributing stipends to students, printing and distribution of student stipend checks, and mailing of refund checks.
- Interacting and/or counseling students and families regarding payment arrangement options
- Maintaining detailed student financial records and accounts
- Reviewing and reconciling charges and credits
- Posting charges to accounts
- Maintaining account for High School, after school and GAP programs
- Monitoring past due student accounts to ensure timely recovery of payments
- Cultivating positive relationships with Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing, Parking and other school administrative staff as required
- Processing payments including handling cash and running credit card payments
- Oversee maintenance of (ESCI) AMDA loan processing
- Work with Campus view IT in setting up Bank mobile electronic refund program
- Special projects and reports as needed
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years of previous experience in student accounts, finance and/or accounting
- Strong customer service orientation; demonstrated ability to interact successfully with faculty, staff and students
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of CampusVue preferred
- Knowledge of R2T4 preferred
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to a collegiate and collaborative administrative leadership style, have proven ability to think strategically, prioritize effectively and act decisively.
AMDA is deeply committed to creating an inclusive community that actively challenges racism, sexism, heterosexism, religious bigotry, and other forms of bias. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.