Manager, Project Management Office
Agilysys is looking for a Manager of Project Management Office (PMO) to join our rapidly growing team. The Manager, PMO is to define the project management process, standards, deliverables, establishing & maintaining cross functional organizational alignment, defining operational cadence necessary to ensure consistent project execution through prioritization, resourcing, budgeting & execution of projects. The incumbent will be responsible for informing Leadership on all relevant project matters (timeline, risk, resources, budget, etc.). The Manager, PMO provides active leadership to all aspects of customer implementation projects from start to finish, utilizing a full project management methodology. In addition, the Manager, PMO must have a sufficient technical background to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the product, to be able to anticipate and identify critical technical obstacles, and to make accurate technology decisions related to implementations. The Manager, PMO also must be able to manage project schedules and task details and utilize project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software and to delegate appropriately. He/she must be able to manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making.
- Establish best practice customer engagement for the Agilysys services organization, from sales close through handoff to support.
- Establishes and promotes industry-recognized, best-in-class PM standards; evaluates and recommends project management tools and resources; and drives a program to ensure continued utilization and maturation of best practices.
- Leads the organization in delivering work products that meet scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Work closely with other internal departments to identify service improvements, and product feedback of Agilysys products.
- Establishes and maintains a program for monitoring and reporting on compliance to adopted PM policies, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure our project management approaches are robust, agile and capable of adapting to the fast changing needs of the business and market.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through driving project execution excellence, reviewing of satisfaction surveys and participation in customer meetings.
- Develops project management capabilities through training, coaching, group and individual meetings and discussion.
- Participates in proposal review process to validate project feasibility, cost, schedules, capabilities, resource availability, and contractual obligations.
- Assists in the resolution of project management and project services resource conflicts.
- Oversee Project Manager billing, to ensure targeted utilization/billability is achieved, while monitoring overall Customer satisfaction.
- Manage and balance Project Manager’s workload and assignments.
- Work closely with the Customer and Sales organization to resolve service delivery issues with a continuous focus on maximizing sales productivity.
- Ensure development of all PM’s, implementation specialist, trainers including appropriate certifications and training as part of a comprehensive development plan.
- Ensure that all team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities .
- Be responsible for ensuring a Risk Analyze process is in place and instigate avoidance activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events are in place.
- Regularly track progress on all project plans and provide up-dates to executives as requested.
- Work with PMs to analyze actual performance against the project plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Provide on-going developmental feedback to PMs as appropriate.
- Ensure PM’s keep all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Manage project scope and deliverables through a structured change management process to ensure customer expectations are met, while protecting Agilysys revenue objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline. Equivalent extensive project management managing technical implementation project experience is required.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of multiple concurrent and large scale projects critical to the delivery of business strategies and goals, with several examples of successful (on time, on budget, with stated value) program deliverables.
- Experience in Professional Service PMO is preferred.
- Successful development and implementation of new work processes or process improvements.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with varied stakeholders (e.g. business, technical, executive).
- Team player who thrives on working collaboratively and skilled at influencing without authority.
- Detail oriented; highly organized and thorough.
- Keen sense of time management adept at managing competing priorities and master of multi-tasking in a changing business environment.
- Avid problem solver with proven ability to make timely decisions while dealing with ambiguity.
- Expert level experience with MS Project, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word MS Project.