Senior Internal Auditor (3-5 yrs)
Agilysys has been a leader in hospitality software for more than 40 years. Hospitality is all we do. With a strong track record for reliability – our Customers depend on our software to work and support to always be there. There’s always room at Agilysys for another innovative mind and enthusiastic spirit. We’re an innovative software development company made up of smart, engaged, motivated and talented people that come from a wide range of backgrounds. Agilysys puts the power to make an impact directly into the hands of the people who work here, because when our clients thrive, we win! While our corporate headquarters are in the United States, Agilysys is an international company with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines. We have a software development center in Ramanujan IT City in Chennai, India. As our horizons expand, so do yours.
Top reasons to Join the Agilysys Internal Audit team:
- Challenge yourself in the exciting, evolving software technology industry
- Career advancement and professional development opportunities
- Learn new skills and receive guidance from industry mentors
- Competitive compensation and benefits
The primary purpose of Internal Audit is to assist Management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors in fulfilling its responsibilities with respect to the Company’s systems of internal controls, the Company’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and the performance of the Company’s internal audit function; and in general to oversee the Company’s accounting, financial and reporting policies. The Internal Audit Department ensures compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002, which constitutes a United States federal law enacted for all U.S. public company boards, management and public accounting firms.
The Senior Internal Auditor will work with the business to understand and document key financial controls in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act. They will identify changes in controls, identify control weaknesses, recommend solutions and coordinate with Internal and External Audit to test controls. The position will have the opportunity to assist with various new initiatives throughout the business and will work directly with our international offices in executing responsibilities.
- Assist in the annual audit planning, scoping and ongoing risk assessment process.
- Assist in the preparation and/or creation of key business and IT process documentation and associated workflows/process maps, templates for work papers and testing templates.
- Assess control design and conduct testing to assess the effectiveness of controls and evaluate risk exposures relating to information systems.
- Basic knowledge of IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security.
- Verify policies are interpreted, applied and carried out globally consistent, as management intended,
- Document findings and provide corrective action recommendations for observations and deficiencies.
- Maintain accurate records and support pertaining to audits performed.
- Monitor the audit schedule to ensure the annual audit plan is executed timely.
- Partner with External Auditors to coordinate internal audit activities to ensure proper audit coverage and reduce duplication of efforts during the annual testing process. Provide guidance on the analysis and classification of testing exceptions, and coordinate remediation plans and execution.
- Update department policies and procedures as applicable.
- Maintain professional certifications and maintain awareness of innovations in the audit field.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 to 5 years of experience in financial, operational and/or IT auditing.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, and/or COBIT.
- Exposure to financial systems and proficient in Excel
- Must be able to adapt to a changing environment
- Must be self-managed, organized, detail-oriented, have good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Able to independently identify risks in a business process and exercise independent judgment.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems
- Knowledge of the IIA Code of Conduct & Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) & Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes.
- No direct reports.