Continuous Improvement Manager
We’re Hiring for a Continuous Improvement Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Continuous Improvement Manager will drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plans. Work with leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies. Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with Site Leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Documents and works with Controller to validate achieved LSS Savings.
- Assist in designing new procedures and methods for operational processes.
- By utilizing projects charters with deliverables, will work with leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies.
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives and act as a change agent to the site/organization.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management team.
- Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organizations progression.
- Act as a mentor for the Continuous Improvement leadership, supervisory staff and front line personnel.
- Participate in developing and influencing strategy, planning, and execution depending on project or initiative needs.
- Lead goal setting, assignment of projects, review of progress, approval, and feedback for direct report(s).
- KPI goal setting with the site via semi-annual Business Assessment, reporting and leading site reporting for KPI’s. Monthly updates on LSS resource, engagement, activities, etc.
- Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site. Partner with Site Leaders on strategy and deployment objectives.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Develop, implement and monitor Lean training initiatives; aid in the development of the LSS strategy in the business
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 5 to 8 year of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness resulting in demonstrable tangible financial benefit
- Lean Master or Six Sigma Black Belt certification required
- Experience guiding team progress for continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Experience designing, implementing and leading continuous improvement projects/programs.
- Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement.
- Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, TQM).
- Proven leadership skills to coach and lead teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Excellent project management skills; be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to coach / mentor / inspire direct reports
- Advanced problem solving capabilities, attention to detail and numerical aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.