Job ID 2020-2464
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The right candidate for this job will be a versatile writer who can create high-quality, engaging, medically accurate content in a variety of formats for a digital audience. This person will:
- Create engaging written content for WebMD Consumer Platform, from quick tips to feature articles to video scripts
- Have an ability to make sometimes dry or difficult topics clear and interesting for a variety of audiences
- Use sound reporting skills to research and deliver medically accurate content from appropriate sources
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization, including medical reviewers, video producers, content editors, social media editors, and programmers
- Create custom video copy for the WebMD platform
- Juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines while ensuring their writing is top-notch and medically sound
- 1-2 years writing for an online health, wellness, news and/or lifestyle brand
- Excellent & versatile writing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word & Excel
- Bachelor's degree or four years of relevant experience.
- Please provide a cover letter
- Writing samples will be requested
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Experience writing for digital video
- Experience with both reference-type content and engaging storytelling
- Skilled at brainstorming and collaborating with a creative team
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
Please include a cover letter with your application.
This is NOT a remote position and you will be required to be in office, Covid permitting.