Employment Status: Permanent, Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
Program Name: Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 37.5
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Looking for a career in health care that provides you with an opportunity to make a difference in your community?
If you are tech-savvy, customer service-oriented, and enjoy problem-solving in a fast-paced environment, we have a career in planning and scheduling for you. Join our Client Service Team today!
VON provides home and community care to more than 10,000 people every day in Ontario and Nova Scotia. As a registered charity and not-for-profit, our organization is all about the difference we can make in people’s lives. Working at VON is more than just a job, it is a career that impacts how Canadians live.
Our Client Service Team operates 365 days per year and is provided with consistent schedules which have day shifts and an evening and weekend rotation.
What you’ll do:
- Assign client visits to nurses and home support workers using knowledge of local geography, client needs, and continuity of care while following collective agreement guidelines and established planning procedures
- Daily activities include receiving and processing client referrals and updates, responding to phone inquiries from clients, doctors, service providers, and other agencies, advanced scheduling, daily scheduling changes (i.e., sick calls, client cancelations, new client admissions), and other administrative duties
- Work closely with team members and management to ensure daily staffing levels are sufficient, and the delivery of quality client care and service are met, as well as forecasting weekly staffing needs
- Support clients, nurses, and home support workers to ensure delivery of quality care
- Work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities while meeting daily and weekly scheduling deadlines
- Ensure that confidential information relating to clients, work colleagues, suppliers, and VON’s operations are properly protected and not disclosed to third parties
- Other duties/tasks as assigned by manager
What we offer you:
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program for eligible employees
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution for eligible employees
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunities for skill development, eLearning, and career advancement
- Experience with new health care technology such as CellTrak and Procura
- Be part of a health care team that provides support to people in your community and frontline workers
What you need:
- University/College education preferred, High School Diploma required
- Office Administration Certificate, Medical Terminology Certificate, or equivalent experience is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, Outlook, faxing software, and database management
- Experience in a logistics or scheduling environment and experience with scheduling software such as Procura is an asset
- Experience in a health care environment is an asset
- Previous customer service experience in a contact center environment is considered an asset
- Experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you require accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Other commonly searched for terms: Administrative Assistant, Medical Office Administrative Assistant, Clerk, Scheduling Clerk, Scheduler
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception). To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
In accordance with the Employer’s policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.