Tyler Technologies is looking to hire for a high-quality CloudOps Engineer with a diverse set of experiences and skill-sets for positions on the Public Safety cloud operations team delivering the vision of Connected Communities. The strongest candidates will have solid operations and automation expertise and demonstrated software deployment experience on cloud infrastructure. Our customers count on us to provide exceptional availability, scalability, and security for services and infrastructure. As a CloudOps Engineer, you’ll be on a team of engineers whose mission is to build and improve Tyler's next-generation hosted Public Safety platform. Are you up to the challenge?
Join our Public Safety Cloud Operations and Delivery team whose responsibilities include but are not limited to managing our single tenant cloud solution, our cloud native multi-tenant solutions, internal environment automation, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Work with customers through the project phase, assisting in Networking, coordinating between internal and external customers, ensuring environment availability, and supporting internal teams during project activity.
- Executing infrastructure as code using terraform or other IaC tools to deploy AWS infrastructure.
- Work with development teams to help them understand what we need to automate software deployments and system/software updates and patches.
- Work on technical platform tasks and stay up to date with modern infrastructure technology.
- Work with teams to architect, develop, and implement innovative software solutions related to the DevOps and Agile transformation of the enterprise.
- Help development understand requirements for comprehensive CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with teams to create tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor services and software.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties.
- 2+ years of deployment experience as a DevOps/CloudOps, Deployment engineer, software engineer, or similar discipline.
- 2+ years providing guidance to development teams.
- Experience working with hosted applications in Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience deploying infrastructure using Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, etc.
- Experience with observability and application monitoring tools like CloudWatch and Datadog
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in deploying “Infrastructure as Code” and similar principals.
- Demonstrate an understanding and experience with at least 1 Real-time Monitoring system (DataDog).
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to solve complex problems with guidance.
- Must have a passion for defining best practices and patterns.
- Must be able to learn new technologies and teach others what you have learned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or comparable work experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deadline-driven, team-oriented, be a self-starter, have great people skills, a strong work ethic, and be enthusiastic, ambitious, as well as highly organized
- Able to independently manage multiple efforts at once while maintaining professionalism under pressure
- A passion for improving the customer experience and a track record of successful interactions with internal/external clients
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills. A proven ability to react positively and decisively to change
Preferred, but not Required:
- AWS services including: EC2, VPC, ALB, Route53, CloudWatch, S3, FSx, CloudFront, etc.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Cert
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least 1 CI/CD platform (Harness, Jenkins, GitHub/GitHub Actions)