Sr. HR Business Partner, Stores
The primary responsibility of the Regional Human Resources Business Partner is to support the company’s HR initiatives in partnership with the Regional Vice President and the Regional Leadership Team. The position functions as a Human Resource Leader and helps sets the people agenda for the region. The HR Business Partner serves as a high-level strategic leader within the Region consulting and influencing the Regional Leadership Team on all people related matters.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, to support the organizations human resource strategy needs.
- Partners with the Regional Leadership Team to ensure there are active workforce planning practices in place to support business needs.
- Facilitates the Regional Talent Review and ensures there is an effective Succession Plan strategy in place for all key positions.
- Leads the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, retention, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Drives the talent acquisition efforts for the region, including selection internal and external candidates.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Facilitates Human Resources training that include both soft skills development and operational skills training.
- Provides ongoing coaching and developmental for the Regional Management Leadership Team and store teams.
- Provides direction on complex issues to ensure the uniform and equitable application of Total Wine policy and practices.
- Contributes and participates in the development, ongoing improvement, and implementation of Human Resources strategies, policies, procedures and processes in support of TWMs strategic and financial initiatives and goals.
- Partner with Compensation, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition and Organizational Learning teams to develop and implement best practices and monitor their applications throughout the organization.
- Drivers of change leveraging partnerships and interpersonal skills to enhance the company by assessing and anticipating HR related needs and delivering products and services that meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure activities are in compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations, and notifies corporate of local updates for policy changes
- Performs other duties as required.
experience & education
- 4 year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years retail management experience
- Multi- unit experience required
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resource store experience with recruitment responsibilities
- SPHR or PHR preferred
required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Must be a strong relationship developer, consultant and demonstrate the ability to deal successfully with complexities of a company experiencing significant growth
- Ability to travel 65-70% of the time
- Proven ability to attract, recruit and retain candidates from a variety of sources
- Must have experience supporting a front-line organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of all federal, state, and local employment law
- Ability to walk and be on feet for 10 hours a day
- Ability to climb ladders & lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. overhead
- Ability to bend repeatedly