Finance Manager, Real Estate Analytics
Finance Manager, Real Estate Analytics
Total Wine & More
About the Role
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our Accounting/Finance Department and work at our Bethesda, Maryland headquarters. You will directly support the Real Estate team in analyzing real estate deals and strategies and assisting the Vice President of Real Estate in developing lease negotiation strategies. You will work cross-functionally in updating and refining new store pro-forma financials, and interim and post-mortems. In addition to new store financial analytics, you will also provide financial analysis of all store resets, refreshes and remodels. You will report to the VP of Tax, Treasury & Capital Planning.
Please note: Total Wine & More considers the health and safety of its customers, team members, and their families as its highest priorities. Where permitted by applicable law, all team members must have received the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
- Create the monthly financial reporting package for new store opportunities reviewed by the Real Estate Committee ("REC"), ensuring that the REC package provides the summary analytics necessary for executives to make all new store opening decisions
- Assist the Vice President of Real Estate in lease negotiations by providing financial analysis during real estate transactions, including new lease executions and existing lease options, extensions and renewals
- Produce the financial analysis of all store resets, refreshes and remodels by providing incremental sales and margin assessments and overall returns on investment
- Work with partners to provide support in analyzing real estate deals and strategies, create pro-forma P&L analysis and develop 5-year margin growth plans by category (sales and rate mix)
- Build 10-year store financial models with focus on sales, margin and expense cadence
- Partner with Purchasing and Store Construction to develop detailed store construction budgets and forecasts; report actual store constructions expenses by store vs. budget/forecast
- Help with the store portfolio review to identify new store opportunities and sales opportunities in the existing portfolio
- Develop budgets, forecasts and variance analyses for store occupancy costs
- Help with the development and analysis of annual capital expenditure budgets and forecasts, and subsequently identify risks and opportunities vs. budget/forecast and make recommendations to manage against deviations
- Provide analytical and strategic support in the development of the periodic long-range plans
- Identify and implement ideas for functional process improvement or cost reduction
You will come with
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years in finance experience with 4+ years in retail real estate analytics
- Strong analytical skills
- Financial modeling skills
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.