Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile
Total Wine & More is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile to join our team our Digital/e-commerce team. Your main responsibility will be to manage a team of engineers that are focused on the developing the Total Wine consumer app and in-store associate app experiences.
You will work with product owners to understand requirements and work in an Agile manner to deliver the goals of every sprint/release. Additionally, you will work with other all stakeholders to push our customer experiences to a whole new level. You will report to the Director, Digital Engineering.
Please note: Total Wine & More considers the health and safety of its customers, team members, and their families as its highest priorities. Where permitted by applicable law, all team members must have received the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
- Oversee the performance of lead-level individual contributors or managers
- Oversee the performance of a team of software engineers at varying levels between junior to senior level
- Schedule changes and releases for production applications
- Translate product roadmap, requirement documents and UX design specifications into technical design and implementation
- Lead Agile project estimation and review and forecast the outcome on a sprint-by-sprint basis
- Evaluate new technologies to improve customer experience, time-to-market and engineering functions
- Prepare all required Technical Planning relevant to software engineering and architecture
- Manage engineering deliverables
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions
- Manage reporting responsibility for independent software contractors, software engineers and outsourcing partners
You will come with
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science, Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of professional managerial experience in managing the careers of engineers and their deliverables
- 5+ years of experience in Backend service (Go/GoKit, Node/Express)
- 5+ years of experience managing in an agile environment
- Experience developing UI for multiple devices (desktop, table, mobile)
- Experience using modern, Agile tools like Github or Jira
- Experience in performance tuning of the front-end elements
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.