Total Wine & More
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced, creative, problem-solving Copywriter to join our Marketing team and work at our Bethesda, MD headquarters. You'll work together with our team to help extend and improve our consumer experiences across the business. You will have an unending curiosity about our customers, a passion for storytelling and a skill at working across the organization. You will report to the Copy Manager.
- Develop concepts with the creative team that resolve marketing problems that align with Total Wine & More brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Ensure all copy in layouts is accurate and complete before presentation or release
- Support Copy Manager and the team in creating copy for multiple media channels using AP Style
- Present rationale for copy choices and assure copy meets our goals as shared in creative brief
- Help promote the creative quality of Total Wine & More's advertising and marketing vehicles
You will come with
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or similar study
- 3+ years of copywriting experience with the job title of Copywriter
- Portfolio of work
- Experience using expository, descriptive, creative, compelling and narrative writing styles in advertising copy to build brands across multiple channels
- Ideally a sound base in retail advertising (Print, Web and Digital Marketing)
- Proficiency in Microsoft operating systems and Adobe Creative Suite software and working knowledge of Trello is a plus
- The ability to manage projects from brainstorming concept of advertising messages to implementation
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.