Manager, Pricing Strategy
About the Role
We are looking for a Manager, Merchandising to establish a pricing strategy for Winery Direct and Spirits Direct products. You will design and execute pricing tests, assess competitive pricing, review and update item roles/KVIs, and implement clearance pricing strategy. You will work with other departments including Merchandising, Market Management, Marketing, and Store Operations, which makes this is an excellent opportunity to learn about many aspects of our unique business and impact profitability. You will report to the VP, Pricing.
- Design, execute and pricing tests by working with Data Analytics and Merchandising
- Analyze effectiveness of pricing tests and recommend new strategies
- Work with Data Analytics to update item roles/KVIs across all markets
- Review and update item roles/KVIs and implement clearance pricing strategy
- Work with Wine and Spirits teams on Winery Direct and Spirits Direct pricing strategies
- Lead a team of two pricing associates and ensure they have the tools and capabilities for success
- Work with Promotions on selecting items to advertise
- Review pricing of allocated and seasonal items
- Implement clearance pricing strategy for all departments
- Additional ad hoc projects as assigned
You will come with
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years’ experience in retail pricing, promotions, and merchandising analytics
- 5 years’ experience in pricing, promotions, analytics, finance, marketing, operations or sourcing
- Team management experience (could be indirect)
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail metrics and financial analysis
- Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP) and data management
- Project management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Experience designing experiments and A/B testing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More. Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.