Warehouse Assistant Manager
ThriftBooks is the world’s largest used book retailer! We believe reading empowers people, offering them empathy to live for a moment in someone else’s shoes, offers them education, a critical asset to improving one’s life, and offers an occasional escape to fantastic worlds inhabited by interesting characters. Yes, we save millions of books every year from being destroyed, but our mission goes beyond the environment. We save these books and make them accessible to readers for the chance to shape another mind, share another story, and teach a bit of wisdom.
With warehouses across North America, ThriftBooks has brought scale and innovation to processing and selling used books. Each used book is sorted, graded, putaway and fulfilled in ways the industry has never used. At ThriftBooks, we believe in the person, not just the resume.
A day in the life of an Assistant Manager
- Consults with Operation Manager and General Manager as well as Warehouse Department Leads to ensure effective completion of all warehouse responsibilities.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement throughout all departmental operations by focusing on safety, production goals, problem solving and team building.
- Monitor production reports to ensure hourly KPI’s are met and/or exceeded.
- Actively engage with employees on the production floor.
- Ensures attendance policy is implemented and executed.
- Supports Warehouse Management as required.
- Manages 3-4 Warehouse Leads who supervise a total of 45-50 employees in the Warehouse Sorting, Receiving, Shelving, and Shipping Departments.
- Reports to onsite Operation Manager.
Assistant Manager Requirements
- 2 Years of Warehouse Management experience
- Previous experience of leading a team of 25 or more in a multi-shift, high velocity environment
- Previous experience implementing and enforcing safety protocols, and creating a “Customer First” environment
What does this mean for you?
- Sunday – Thursday 3:30PM – 12AM schedule, will require flexible schedule based on business needs
- Starting Pay ranges $45K – $50K based on experience
- Quarterly Bonus
- Highly competitive benefits including medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401k and more
- Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays