Warehouse Associate - Shipper - 2nd Shift
We are Thrift Books one of the largest online used book retailers in the world. We receive in and ship out thousands of books a month and are currently in need of employees to join us! We have immediate openings for our 2nd Shift Shipping Department.
Hours are Sunday - Thursday, 3:30pm - 12am.
A day in the life of a Shipper ...
Our shipping employees handle customer orders by pulling books, sorting orders, packaging and shipping. This fast paced job requires you to pull books from shelves at a very fast paced. You will be using step stools, reaching, bending & carrying books.
- Pull designated books based on Wave reports
- Review all books for condition
- Create mailing label
- Sort orders into bags
- Prepare bags for final shipment
- Misc. clean up as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work independently to achieve production goals
- Must be able to quickly assess quality level of books
- Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, lifting, and twisting and walking
On a side note: If you happen to be a book lover, then this may be a particularly ideal place to work. In your resume, please feel free to inquire for details. All applicants are filtered directly to the managers so tell us something about yourself.
We currently operate two production shifts.This posting is for the second shift. Hours are Sunday - Thursday, 3:30pm - 12am..
Starting Wage: $12/Hr with regularly scheduled increases