Body Technician 3
Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Perform thorough inspections and related tractor and body repairs while ensuring safety compliance with DOT requirements.
- Mentor and assist any body shop personnel as needed to create a cohesive and well-rounded shop environment centered around learning.
- Perform inspections to identify damaged or faulty Internal/external components that do not meet company, OEM and DOT specifications.
- Repair or replace minor and or complex internal/external body components including cab to maximize safety of equipment while in use on public roads.
- Recognize and identify, non-body related repair or maintenance items (trailer, tires, etc).
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=6865
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- 5+ years' experience in a truck and trailer paint and body environment required.
- High School or combination of training and/or experience required.
- Drivers license required.
- Must have superior customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to understand repair manuals.
- Must be able to fill out tags and repair orders.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.