TERMINAL PARTS MANAGER
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Provide guidance and direction to parts department operations.
- Liasion between terminal leadership and Parts Assistants.
- Provide support and guidance to other Parts Assistants as needed.
- Assist terminal leadership in identifying areas for improvement and as needed, provide on-the-job training to address those areas.
- Issues purchase orders and purchases parts for terminal at the best possible price and value; negotiates parts and material prices with vendors.
- Stocks, issues, processes and inputs data related to POs and invoices.
- Ensures repair orders are complete and accurate (inside and outside).
- Maintains maintenance shop records, tire count and department statistics; maintains files for invoices and contracts.
- Handles department shipping and receiving.
- Handles OS&D delivered to outside terminal locations.
- Maintains warranty parts, manages shipping and scrap.
- Maintains proper core storage and returns.
- Responsible for part returns and managing obsolete parts.
- Skills: Must be familiar with completing purchase orders and/or repair orders. Must be familiar with looking up parts and placing on-line orders using appropriate OEM websites. Must possess excellent 10 key and computer keyboarding skills. Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Education: High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience Required: Three (3) years' experience in parts or inventory control required. Previous leadership experience preferred.