We're hiring immediately for this role!
Accelerate your Career!
Compensation: $18-$23, DOE. All training is paid! This position is a hybrid WFH position and is not fully remote.
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
To provide litigation support for Claims Department.
- Work with adjusters, defense counsel, and other terminal personnel to place Swift equipment on Claims Litigation Hold. Maintain and perform follow up communications regarding equipment hold log as necessary or required.
- Gather time-sensitive data for serious accidents.
- Schedule and coordinate corporate representative and current employees for depositions and trial appearances.
- Monitor discovery deadlines to ensure timely responses.
- Maintain Discovery Log, which lists outstanding discovery requests and pertinent information regarding the various requests including dash cam video footage.
- Maintain Swift Approved Defense Counsel Directory of counsel approved to handle Swift litigation matters.
- Create and maintain legal files and docket.
- Prepare and draft Swift responses to pretrial discovery; coordinate with and gather information from adjuster and defense counsel; investigate claim facts; identify and gather Swift documents relative to the discovery request as necessary or appropriate for supervisor's review.
- Draft and prepare referral correspondence to defense counsel with respect to preservation requests and lawsuits.
- May prepare written reports to defense counsel regarding discoverable Swift material; organize and pattern discovery documents and responses in appropriate file format to make them available and easily accessible to Company personnel and outside counsel. Monitor discovery deadlines.
- May review legal invoices submitted by defense counsel for reasonableness and accuracy and direct the process for payment.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2275
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Two years' litigation experience in a law firm or legal department for a corporation required.; computer systems and software.
- Previous experience with MS Office required.
- Exceptionally accurate and fast typing skills required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates' or paralegal certification preferred.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must possess good understanding of legal terminology.
- Must be able to research and investigate as needed.
- Must be able to multi-task and solve problems.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interact with various members of the company and outside counsel.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.