REGIONAL TRAILER ASSET MANAGER
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Manage and coordinate trailer assets within a designated planning region.
- Monitor the efficient usage of trailers in a specific region through the use of various trailer reports; act as liaison between department personnel and Customers to ensure maximum use of equipment.
- Monitor inactive trailers at customer and terminal locations; identify trailers available for assignment and coordinate equipment repositions to ensure trailer pool requirements are met.
- Manage customer pool size fluctuations; manage customer pool turns per week in accordance with department and company objectives.
- Oversee the process of capturing assets identified as sold equipment; coordinate the movement of sold/leased equipment to predetermined locations for turn in.
- Oversee all other trailer management issues involving the recovery of abandoned, towed, damaged and/or missing trailers in assigned region; assist in routing damaged equipment to Shop for rapid repair.
- Responsible for all yard activities; maintain yard inventory by auditing equipment pools and researching idle or missing equipment. Create trailer pool reports as necessary.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management; various locations may be responsible for providing work direction to and completing reviews of yard personnel.
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communicate skills with both internal and external customers of all levels; exemplary presentation skills; self-discipline; creative; ability to solve problems; ability to take direction from superiors; detail oriented; ability to work well with others; computer based keyboard skills; extensive knowledge of AS400 system; ability to manage others; self motivated and aggressive follow through.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience Required: One to two (1-2) years of operational experience within the transportation industry.