Data Coordinator for Advancement
Reporting to the Associate Director of Advancement Systems, Reporting & Analytics, the Data Coordinator for Advancement is principally responsible for maintaining the qualitative information located on Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT, the Advancement fundraising and alumni database. The Data Coordinator will add and edit biographical, demographic and other personal information to the Raiser’s Edge NXT database, as well as adding appropriate codes to records. The position will also perform basic research tasks to validate information. Also, the position requires the incumbent to assist with gift processing during busy periods.
- Serve as one of the staff members maintaining the data integrity of the Raiser’s Edge NXT database by performing data entry tasks.
- Capture and edit bio-demographic information generated from diverse sources including phonathon, direct mail, events, web-based tools, USPS mail, email, publications, vendor appends, press clippings, and staff communications.
- Assist during high-volume periods with gift/pledge processing: help open mail; update database; make and distribute copies to designated locations; assist in tallying and organizing; help in acknowledging gifts and pledges; assist with additional tasks as required.
- Assist with other projects such as data cleanup, data validation and other tasks as assigned.
- Lead to completion large data entry projects.
- Create folders for new donors and perform clerical work as needed
- As directed, the Data Coordinator negotiates and coordinates with various internal and external customers to clarify any bio-demographic, donor, gift or data-related questions/concerns.
- Serve as one of the key staff members maintaining data integrity by performing Internet research.
- Perform appropriate Internet research to locate and/or confirm information, especially professional biographical and contact information.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced level of knowledge and understanding of business protocols especially formats and processes specific to maintaining a customer database
- Superlative detail-orientation, high productivity and job focus required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with executive-level users and a wide variety of communication/work styles
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations and a strong commitment to the University’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policies and goals
- Ability to develop and document policies and procedures
- Experience maintaining confidentiality and using discretion while working with sensitive information
- Desirable qualifications include previous work in a university Advancement office, knowledge of the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge fundraising database or similar system, and a basic understanding of the functioning of a professional office environment.
- Experience with biographical data and transaction entry strongly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) applications required
- Experience using the Internet as a research tool required
- Ability to occasionally work weekends and evenings for special events, as assigned
- Ability and willingness to perform other duties as assigned
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, the University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.