Suffolk University is pleased to announce a career opportunity with a career education and development team! As a member of the operations team for the Center for Career Education and Professional Development (CEPD), the administrative coordinator provides complex and diverse office support and serves as a source of information and problem solving for students, faculty, staff, employers, alumni, and other constituents. The administrative coordinator should effectively meet the demands of a busy career education office.
- Responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties that facilitate the day-to-day operations of the CEPD, including reception, the first point of contact, answering the phone, scheduling appointments, responding to email, updating campus calendar with Center events, tracking CEPD resources, and the ability to comfortably interact and communicate with all levels of the CEPD, Suffolk Community, and visitors.
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited, to working independently and in a team environment to support the vision, mission, and goals of the CEPD. Providing direct administrative support to the central reception & when necessary train student workers on central reception procedures & appropriate technology.
- Must be able to adapt to shifting priorities, meet deadlines, and effectively execute in a fast-paced environment. Incumbent must have excellent organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail; a proactive approach to problem solving and prioritization, complemented by strong decision-making capability; excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and must be adept at learning and working with multiple software systems (i.e. Handshake recruiting software, Quinncia resume reviewer, etc.)
Center for Career Education and Professional Development Support
- Assist staff with programming logistics, including budgeting, planning & marketing of events, catering, equipment rental, room reservation, facilities requests, signage, set-up/breakdown
- Track expenses (as assigned), order supplies, create purchase orders, process travel expense reports, and submit reimbursements for approval.
- Maintains & updates technology and printed resource inventories.
- Provide logistical support to outside organizations that come to campus for presentations, workshops, fairs, and events.
- Attend meetings throughout campus & record meeting notes.
- Assist with developing department-specific knowledge to support operations & systems.
- Assist with training of professional and student staff in the use of technology the CEPD implements
- Maintain CEPD's current student worker database.
- Update webpage by coordinating with staff & web services. Attend ongoing training as needed.
- Steward of keys for locked areas, including conference rooms, storage cabinets, and master key.
- Submit work orders with facilities and ITS Help Desk.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role, or event planning
- Familiarity with Excel, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of career technology platforms, data entry, and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Fluency/proficiency in one or more of the following languages strongly preferred: Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Vietnamese
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service including professional appearance, demeanor, and comportment; and a high level of responsiveness and care.
Benefits include free tuition, generous time off, and others! For more information check out the Suffolk/HR website.
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.