Electronic Warfare Engineer
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking electronic warfare (EW) engineers in the San Antonio, TX area. SRC EW engineers produce EW integrated reprogramming database (EWIRDB) models that support many of our nations and allies’ most sophisticated military platforms. Join a growing team of EW experts in the intelligence community (IC) to support military weapon development and testing. Serve as a member of a diverse team that performs in-depth engineering analysis and modeling of EW systems and signals. Apply analytic and systematic approaches to characterize the performance of electronic systems, such as ground, naval, and airborne radar systems, electronic attack (EA) systems, radar warning receivers (RWR) and missile systems. Support programming of current and next-generation electronic detection and jamming systems, test the performance of these systems with realistic live, virtual, and constructive (LVC) recreations of tactical environments, and train warfighters on the tactics, techniques, and procedures for counteracting real-world threats on the battlefield. Work directly with intelligence analysts and collaborate with Department of Defense (DoD) national research laboratories, test and evaluation organizations, and military EW reprogramming centers to solve the challenging issues of next-generation EW and intelligence mission data (IMD).
What You'll Do
- Conduct original EW all-source intelligence research and engineering analysis to characterize system performance and capabilities
- Analyze ground, naval and aircraft radar, radar warning receivers, communications, electronic attack, identify friend or foe, navigation, electro-optical/infrared, weapon systems, and other onboard electronic systems
- Develop EW system models to support the national EWIRDB
- Analyze intelligence reports in support of mission data generation
- Directly support organizations charged with exploiting EWIRDB information in order to develop weapon systems and electronic countermeasures and to formulate tactics and operational deployment strategies
- Solve EW feedback reports from the operational user community
What You'll Bring
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or related technical field and 3 or more (3+) of related experience are required
- Ability to document/support technical analysis and assessments with strong attention to detail
- Ability to conduct and verify engineering analysis on weapon systems, platforms, electro-optic systems and communication systems
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Understanding of antenna design/analysis, radar signal processing, and radar requirements analysis
- MATLAB, Python and other software-based simulation experience
- Knowledge/experience with the intelligence community
- Military experience is a plus
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity to solve “impossible” problems in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Across our family of companies, we apply bright minds, fresh thinking and relentless determination to deliver innovative products and services that are redefining possible®. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong. You’ll collaborate with more than 1,400 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — in a highly innovative, inclusive and equitable work environment. You’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent employer contribution toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: