SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology, and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories, and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking motivated entry level software engineers graduating in December 2023 or May 2024, to develop and test leading-edge radar and communications technology. From high performance graphic displays and mapping tools, to real-time software for embedded processors, we offer a wide range of software development opportunities on fielded and prototype systems. We are looking for engineers to be immediately integrated into design teams to solve difficult technical problems.
• Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of national defense systems
• Participate in laboratory and field integration testing to validate software
• Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams
• Stay up to date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
• Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
• Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
What You Bring to the Team - Position Requirements
• Working towards a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or software engineering, with a December 2022 or May 2023 graduation date
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0
• Experience with C++, C#, and/or Java
• Knowledge of Linux-based and Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and Matlab a plus
• Software internship experience a plus
• Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition