SRCTec currently seeks an experienced Technical Writer/Editor Lead to join our life cycle management team. This opportunity will involve playing a directing and engaged role in defining and developing technical documentation Quality Assurance Process aligned to our customer documentation and training products for highly technical radar and electronic warfare technologies. Additionally, the selected applicant will aid in improving the efficiency of technical documentation and product training development leading communications and help move the team forward with the adoption of new content authoring methodologies and training technologies to improve end users’ experience with SRC products. The ideal candidate will be an experienced forward-thinking leader who will research, recommend, and implement new techniques, methods, and technologies for delivering product documentation and training information.
What You’ll Do
- Provide vision and actionable proposals/plans to grow SRC training and technical documentation product offerings for military and commercial customers, with a specific focus on DoD clients
- Suggest and develop new methods to offer, develop, and deliver SRC customer deliverable Technical Documentation and Product Training Materials, aligning with DoD requirements
- Assist in the adjustment of, and development of the current technical writing team’s capabilities with a focus on IETM formats using DoD DTD, COTs DTD, and alternative technical standards to produce customer documentation deliverables and SRC contractor format baselines, in compliance with either SRC Internal or customer specified guidelines
- Development and implementation of a Quality Assurance Process within our Life Cycle Management department, ensuring the quality, measurability, and repeatability of Technical Documentation and associated Product Training content, adhering to either SRC Internal or customer specified standards
- Interpret and apply appropriate DoD and common industry technical writing standards and practices, including MIL-STD 40051-1/2D, MIL-HDBK-1222D, and similar, in the creation of technical documentation for DoD clients
- Aid in the Integration technical manual and training material content using E-learning platforms and XML schemas, meeting any customer specific requirements of or specified standards for training material
- Professionally interface with domestic and international customers, Government and commercial, including preparing for and hosting customer reviews of technical material development, including validation/verification and Logistics Demonstration events, with a strong emphasis on customer collaboration
- Demonstrate exemplary non-supervisory leadership and teamwork within a highly collaborative team environment in both physical and virtual settings, particularly in the context of DoD projects
- Propose and develop budget estimates for documentation product business opportunities
- Develop and deliver high-quality technical training materials that meet the needs of a diverse audience, especially for DoD-related training
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or technical writing discipline with 10 or more years of experience in the DoD sector; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience of 5 or more years as a technical writer producing publications compliant with MIL-STD-38784 or similar technical requirements OR as training material developer producing materials meeting DoD requirements
- Experience creating or familiarity with training material development and delivery methods compliant with SAT or similar DoD training requirements
- Direct or indirect supervisory experience including duties involving work assignments, performance assessments, and related human resources activities is a plus, especially in a DoD context
- Possess strong organizational, project management, and communications skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, flexibly shift between projects, and meet strict deadlines, including those set by DoD clients
- Familiarity with Arbortext, Captivate, Articulate, or similar authoring tools to produce unstructured and structured technical writing, in line with DoD standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, and Project, commonly used in DoD documentation and project management
- Some remote work is possible, but the position routinely requires physical presence at SRCTec facilities in Syracuse NY, particularly for DoD-related projects
Must be eligible for a U.S. government security clearance
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit research and development company that combines information, science, technology to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Our commitment is to our employees, our customers, and our communities, not the bottom line. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $80,000 to $93,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: