As an FPGA Engineer at SRC, Inc., you will play an integral role in FPGA and embedded development efforts. You will work closely with experienced engineers to design, implement, and test HDL components for digital signal processing, command and control, external hardware interfaces, high-speed communication protocols and more. You will collaborate with diverse, cross-functional teams of hardware and software engineers to ensure the FPGA design aligns with the overall project goals and requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement FPGA solutions using Very High-Speed Integrated Circuit Hardware Description Language (VHDL)/Verilog
- Perform verification of FPGA designs through simulation and hardware testing, identifying, and resolving any design issues or bottlenecks
- Learn and apply best practices in programmable logic design and development
- Participate in the integration of FPGA designs with hardware and software components
- Keep up-to-date with the latest FPGA technologies and tools
- Learn and apply FPGA design principals including RTL design, verification, logic synthesis, prototyping, and timing analysis
- Use Python, TCL and other scripting languages to automate continuous development, continuous integration (CI/CD) workflows
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3 years of experience in FPGA design and development or related experience
- Strong understanding of digital logic design, embedded systems, and FPGA architectures
- Knowledge of VHDL/Verilog
- Knowledge of RTL simulation tools
- Understanding of FPGA debugging, timing analysis, and logic optimization principals
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with excellent communication skills
- Must be U.S. citizen
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit research and development company that combines information, science, technology to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Our commitment is to our employees, our customers, and our communities, not the bottom line. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll collaborate with more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $82,000 to $105,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: