Material Handling Associate
SRCTec, LLC is a manufacturing and life cycle management company specializing in the cost-effective production of high-quality, high-reliability, advanced military electro-mechanical products. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of SRC, Inc., which is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 65 years of experience in defense, environment, and intelligence. Together, SRC and SRCTec work with the customer for the best solution – not the bottom line – resulting in nationally significant, next-generation solutions that are supported throughout their full life cycle. For more information, visit www.srcinc.com/about/srctec.html.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
Material Handling and Transportation
- Safely load and unload materials from vehicles and transport them between SRC facilities in a timely and organized manner, checking for accuracy and reporting any deficiencies with equipment.
- Safely utilize material handling equipment, including powered fork trucks, lift trucks, pallet jacks, baler, and shrink wrap machine.
- Move product in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, which may require bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching, or lifting.
- Follow compliant material handling processes including: timekeeping, attendance, vehicle safety and cleanliness, OSHA requirements, handheld/scanning device usage, material handling and storage, proper packing of materials for shipment, daily vehicle checks, dress code, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate transactions within Costpoint operating system to support production and warehouse management operations.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and assist with daily cycle counting requirements in a manufacturing environment and across multiple facilities.
- Conduct basic research to identify the cause of problems and recommend corrective actions, including UOM problems, transfer errors, and vendor pack counts.
- Perform cycle counts, ensure proper handling and safeguarding of assets, and clean common areas.
Customer Service and Teamwork
- Maintain professionalism and customer service orientation with customers.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Use initiative to seek continuous improvement and assist with implementation of improvement projects and other tasks as needed.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to achieve daily targets and weekly deadlines under supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a friendly and flexible demeanor.
- Cleaning of common areas and participation in 6s program.
What you bring to the team - Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 6+ years of inventory or production experience.
- Experience operating a Cargo Van and at least a 26’ Dock Height Non-CDL Box Truck preferred.
- Experience safely securing product and material during transit preferred.
- Experience utilizing material handling equipment, including a fork truck, lift truck, pallet jack, and shrink wrap machine preferred.
- Valid, clean driver’s license with at least 1 year driving experience and no DWIs or suspensions.
- Proficient PC skills and the ability to read, write, and speak English and follow standard written work instructions.
- Ability to count accurately and perform simple math calculations.
- Must have strong attention to detail, solid decision-making skills
- Routine and frequent lifting of 50 pounds or more with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must complete Forklift safety training, ESD training, and ISO awareness training.
- Available for overtime as required
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition