Product Support Engineer (Entry Level)
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a product support engineer to join our life cycle management (LCM) team in Syracuse, N.Y. SRCTec manufactures and provides technical support services for a variety of radar and sensor systems across a global commercial and defense customer base. The preferred candidate’s primary responsibility will be delivering exceptional pre- and post-sales technical support to domestic and international customers through product demonstrations and test events, product training, field support, and remote technical support, as well as repairing and maintaining business development capital assets. Candidate will be responsible for developing subject matter expertise in technical support for customers, and leading/supporting development of products in dynamic, rapidly growing business.
- Perform field training/service support at both customer and company locations (domestic and international)
- Work closely with customers and end users to understand and document expectation and collaborate with internal team to successfully deliver against those expectations
- Support business development, engineering test/analysis, and internal programs through successful demonstration and test events of SRCTec product capabilities
- Support customer operational needs with swift action, which may include last minute travel
- Support depot repair and manufacturing activities through strong troubleshooting skills, system/sub-system analysis and circuit board to component level diagnosis
- Support engineering, quality, configuration management and subcontracts in technical matters
- Support proposal development to include technical requests for information (RFI)/requests for proposal (RFP) and quotes, including basis of estimates (BoE), requests for quotation (RFQ), and rough order of magnitudes (ROM)
- Develop and document test plans, technical performance assessments, and after-action reports
- 25 - 30 percent travel (domestic and international) including some weekend and holiday travel as required by the customer; extended deployment type field assignments may be required
- Participate in after-hours on-call technical support rotation as required by customer contracts including fielding technical support calls, logging a support ticket, and assisting customers with troubleshooting and resolution.
- Associates degree and up to 3 years of experience in a technical discipline, computer science, mathematics, computational mathematics, or a similar technical field (any equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered)
- Able to understand and interpret electronic schematics, electronic drawings, mechanical drawings, test and assembly instructions, and specifications and engineering documents
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and possess strong time management skills
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams
- Meet physical occupational requirements including the ability to lift, move, and walk with a minimum of 40 pounds, and ability to obtain tower climbing certification with or without reasonable accommodations
- General computer skills including MS Office suite
- Able to obtain visa/passport and DoD security clearance
- Systems engineering or working familiarity with radar systems, radio-frequency (RF)-based systems, communication-related systems, navigation systems, or other complex electronics technology
- Technical troubleshooting knowledge of systems and subsystems to circuit board and component level
- Experience with variety of test equipment to include network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Demonstrated success conducting technical operator and maintenance training courses
- A firm understanding of transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) networking
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Awards & Recognition