Test Engineer (Entry Level)
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology, and ingenuity across our family of companies to deliver innovative, advanced defense solutions and products that are redefining possible®. Since 1957, our commitment to the customer and the best solution – not the bottom line – has remained a core value that guides our efforts. This passion for quality carries through to the technologies we invent and manufacture, the laboratories, and facilities we build, the people we hire, and the communities we support.
At SRC, we provide you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a collaborative work environment that integrates research, development, and manufacturing. We strive to proactively identify and eliminate barriers that prevent our employees’ full participation and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace for all our employees. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful. You’ll join more than 1,300 engineers, scientists, and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong.
In return, you’ll enjoy an inclusive work environment, receive a competitive salary, and experience a comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent of an employee’s compensation contributed toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
Who We Are
Being an employee of SRC, you would be part of a company that is at the cutting edge of intelligence and defense technology development with the design of cognitive big-data analytics, counterfire radars for troop protection, and electronic warfare devices. Most importantly, you would have the opportunity to explore engineering in a not-for-profit corporate environment that fosters creativity and encourages personal and professional growth while contributing to the environment and national defense.
Who You Are
As a Test engineer, you would be involved in developing advanced testing techniques for both software and systems applications through both manual and automated testing. As a member of the Integration and Test team, you would play an integral role in supporting leading edge communications, radar and electronic warfare (EW) technologies and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) technologies for the intelligence and defense communities.
Your Impact - Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with on-site and distributed cross-discipline project teams to support the development of new products
- Support the development and execution of automated unit, integration, and regression tests across our diverse products
- Support the development and execution of manual integration and regression tests where appropriate
- Execute engineering dry runs and formal customer testing (on-site and off-site)
- Perform data analysis, support trade studies, and prepare test briefings
What You Bring to The Team - Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, or related fields
- Applied knowledge and experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think independently, and overcome technical challenges
- Ability to clearly communicate abstract concepts to team members verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical and teamwork skills
Ways To Stand Out – Preferred Requirements:
- Experience with test automation software and development
- Experience with radar or EW concepts
- Exposure to development tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence and SharePoint
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $70,000 to $88,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: