Software Engineer (Senior, Temporary)
As a Senior Software Engineer on a contract basis at SRC, Inc., you will be a pivotal contributor in the design, implementation, and integration of cutting-edge radar and electronic warfare systems. You will be immersed in the latest programming languages, technologies, and approaches, enabling you to create full-stack solutions that push the boundaries of what is possible. You will be integrated into a diverse, cross-functional team, collaborating closely with hardware, firmware, systems, and fellow software engineers. Together, you’ll craft innovative products that not only meet the evolving demands of our clients but also stay at the forefront of technological advancements in software engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Architect mission-critical software in support of national defense systems
- Contribute to the research and development of innovative software solutions for cutting-edge projects
- Offer technical leadership and mentorship to engineers, fostering their growth and development in software engineering
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of high-quality products
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams
- Generate quick turn prototypes to de-risk key functionality and to support customer demonstrations
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure software development projects are delivered on time and within budget
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with 10+ years of experience OR Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience
- Passion and talent for solving complex problems
- Experience with a variety of programming languages, with an emphasis on C++
- Experience developing software on Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of modern DevSecOps tools and practices
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with excellent communication skills
Must be U.S. citizen
Ways to Stand Out:
- Demonstrated experience in developing software solutions for defense or aerospace applications
- Proven experience working in Agile teams
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Design Principles, Cloud Native Architectures, Containerization (Docker), Kubernetes, Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), and Digital Engineering
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity to solve “impossible” problems in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Across our family of companies, we apply bright minds, fresh thinking and relentless determination to deliver innovative products and services that are redefining possible®. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong. You’ll collaborate with more than 1,400 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — in a highly innovative, inclusive and equitable work environment. You’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent employer contribution toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
Total compensation for this role is market competitive. The anticipated salary range for this position based out of Syracuse, NY is estimated at $115,000 to $145,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, and abilities, geographic location as well as other business and organizational needs. SRC offers competitive benefit options, for more details please visit our website.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: