INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Jobvite, our Applicant Tracking System third party administrator, uses Amazon's SES Platform and unfortunately emails are being blocked by most email engines and directed to your JUNK/SPAM folders. We want to make sure you see receive and can see all communications related to your application; therefore, we are kindly asking that after you submit an application frequently visit your junk/spam folders and look for emails that end in [email protected] via amazonses.com. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Applications Programming Supervisor
293 S US Highway 301 Sumterville, FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, genetics or individuals with disabilities, or protected veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for providing information, assistance and technical resources to cooperative system end users. This position must be able to acquire detailed knowledge on how data is stored and organized in a variety of business systems; some specific systems include Outage Management systems (OMS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Customer Information Systems (CIS) and Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS). The position must have a thorough understanding of how various software applications work and how data is stored to ensure that reporting and analysis are accurate. The position is responsible for the design and creation of Business Dashboards, reports, and analysis products to support the cooperative’s operations.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline.
Four years of technical application support experience of business systems.
Four years of Data Analysis and Information Systems reporting.
Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
Education and/or Experience Notes
Job related experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information; ability to multi-task and effectively manage stress and pressure through changing priorities calmly in all situations.
- Demonstrated listening, verbal, and written communication skills; accurately prepare all types of business correspondence, design and produce reports; ability to analyze and interpret job related business periodicals and technical manuals.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with excellent documentation and detail orientation; ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines and work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with others and the ability to express technical information clearly and simply while working closely with other personnel.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills as well as a knowledge of Windows OS platforms.
- Knowledge of application and data base structure of Outage Management systems (OMS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Customer Information Systems (CIS) and Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS).
- Knowledge of software application security.
- Preferred knowledge of NISC iVue Application Suite.
- Proficiency in the operation of personal computers; hardware and software applications including MS Office products with knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Thorough understanding of multiple computer platform functions to include operating systems, utilities, and applications.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Create reports for internal teams and/or external members.
Provide support of critical business systems as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.