Information Systems Administrator / GIS
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Information Systems Administrator/GIS
Manager of Geospatial Services
Headquarters: 330 S US HWY 301, Sumterville FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
This position provides functional application support for the GIS technology, including but not limited to the Geospatial Information System (GIS), Graphical Work Design (GWD), and Outage Management System (OMS) suite of applications. The incumbent provides administrative support for the GIS technology, provides end user support, defines system requirements, performs functional analysis, design, configuration, and testing for the GIS technology, and ensures functional integration with related business applications and other components including business processes. Duties involve troubleshooting complex software application issues and documenting issues and resolutions and collaborating with employees to solve complex technical problems.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Four years technical experience in a utility and maintaining distribution facilities or mapping support.
Experience in implementing and supporting GIS technology, preferably in an electric utility. Magik programming, python scripting or ESRI suite of experience.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical and working functional knowledge of the GIS/GWD/OMS systems. Understanding of the business processes related to and supported by the GIS technology. Understanding of integration testing processes and tools.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Evaluates design integration, cost effectiveness, and engineering equipment implementation analysis. Develops and implements creative and effective solutions. Commits to and is accountable for results produced.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products; VMS Operating System with knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws; ability to create and modify data models to support GIS (Smallworld) and GWD (Design Manager) requests; and ability to acquire expertise to support corporate business systems and interfaces such as OMS (PowerOn Restore).
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills; creativity in troubleshooting software application and work-flow process problems; and ability to express technical information clearly and simply while working closely with other personnel.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner; to develop graphs, reports and presentation of project results; to analyze and interpret job related business periodicals and technical manuals.
- Effective planning and organizational skills; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information; ability to multi-task and effectively manage stress and pressure through changing priorities calmly in all situations.
- Acquire and develop Magik programming skills to effectively handle functional responsibilities.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general sedentary office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.