Technical Services Specialist (Line)
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Technical Services Specialist
Reliability & Operations
293 S US HWY 301, Sumterville FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Non-Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for management and departmental personnel in the assigned T&D Operations work unit; assists with coordinating and scheduling the completion of work orders, service installations, and reconnects and disconnects; responds to requests for underground facility locates; processes work orders and contractor invoices; tracks productivity and service order statistics.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
High School or GED
2 Year / Associate Degree
Three (3) years of experience in a customer service environment.
Experience or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- A valid Florida driver’s license for regular driving privileges of a company vehicle; must have and maintain an acceptable driving record as determined by SECO Energy[RR1].
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn and understand overhead and underground line design; read and interpret engineering construction drawings; work order procedures; cost analysis; research customer records and acquire knowledge of the Cooperative service territory.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and confidential information. This is in accordance with established Board Policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills with the ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately.
- Effective communication skills including listening, verbal and written; ability to accurately prepare all types of business correspondence, design and produce reports and prepare presentations; effective planning and organizational skills with excellent documentation and detail orientation; ability to complete assignments, meet deadlines and work independently and in a team environment.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills. This includes being able to speak clearly and concisely, be an active listener, question for understanding and clarification, and being able to effectively interact with others by using tact and good judgment when speaking with all levels of management, employees, customers, members of the media, vendors, and the general public.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with managers, employees, contractors, vendors, government agencies and the public; ability to exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities. Proficient in the use of two-way radio equipment and radio protocols to provide verbal instructions effectively, clearly and concisely to field personnel.
- Proficiency in the operation of personal computers and MS Office products that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; ability to acquire knowledge and use of applicable corporate computer systems as they relate to the position within six months.
- Skilled in business and conversation writing. Must be able to craft a memorandum, email and / or written correspondence that is appropriate for internal and external communications. This includes the ability to write various reports to communicate within and outside the department.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by or those an employee encounters to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position has general sedentary office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.