INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Financial & Administrative Services
330 S US HWY 301, Sumterville FL 33585
Based on qualifications and experience
Non-Represented – Exempt
# of Vacancies:
*This posting will be closed and no longer available to receive applications upon SECO Energy’s discretion.
^ SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative serving over 200,000 families and businesses across seven counties in
Central Florida, making SECO Energy the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the sixth largest in the nation.
^ SECO Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, genetics or individuals with disabilities, or protected veteran status.
^ Qualified employees will be considered on an equal basis with external applicants.
General Purpose of Job
This position will share responsibility for accounts payable and receivable to support the daily accounting activities of the Cooperative, its month-end process, year-end audit process and various special projects; general ledger transactions and reports, balancing, reconciliations; depreciation, tax reports, cash receipts and disbursements, fixed assets and asset management.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Competencies
The following includes the minimum job requirements and essential duties for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some job requirements may exclude individuals that cannot be reasonably accommodated or who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree
Accounting or related discipline, or equivalent training and experience.
Completion of RUS Borrower Accounting course within three years of hire date.
Completion of NRECA Workorder and Plant Accounting Procedures course within three years of hire date or equivalent experience.
Masters in accounting, finance, or business administration with a concentration in accounting.
Five (5) plus years of experience with the following: Plant accounting, asset management, accounts payable and accounts receivable experience; general ledger accounting; cost accounting principles, balancing, and reconciling accounts.
Advanced proficiency in related accounting/business applications.
Accounting experience, or similar work with an electric utility or related industry.
- Ability to work irregular hours for assignment completion and flexibility to change scheduling and report to work on short notice during emergency situations.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a personal computer, printers, copy machines, telephone, and fax machine.
- Normal work hours shall be eight (8) hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use web-based software for accounting and tax reporting applications.
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on knowledge and efficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel; ability to acquire skills and use of applicable corporate cost and general accounting computer systems.
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, concepts, and practices; accounting processes and improvement techniques and tools; application of automated systems for financial reporting and accounting purposes.
- Demonstrated listening, verbal, and written communication skills to accurately prepare all types of office correspondence, design and produce reports.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with excellent documentation and detail orientation.
- Effectively manage stress and pressure in a frequently changing environment, ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with managers, employees, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies and others.
- Exercise good judgment, sound reasoning skills and discretion in making independent decisions commensurate with responsibilities.
- Handle complex issues and problems and refer only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Maintain highly confidential information.
- Manage complex segments of the accounting function.
- Perform work under minimal supervision.
- Provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to lower level staff.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- English is the primary business language. Second language in Spanish is desirable.
Verification: The above qualifications and competencies for this position may be verified through a combination of education, experience, interview questions and technical skills exercise(s).
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.