Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting
Sr. Accountant, SEC Reporting
*THIS IS AN IN OFFICE POSITION IN OUR BOISE OFFICE
Savers is seeking an experienced accountant to expand our team and support the growth of the Company. This role is primarily responsible for financial reporting and technical accounting. You will also be a pivotal team member across the accounting department, assisting with technical accounting research and memos, and process implementation to support financial reporting. This is a new position and reports to the SEC Reporting Manager. This is an in-person, hybrid, or fully remote position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations
- Perform technical accounting research and provide guidance on topics such as debt, derivatives, stock-based compensation, and leases
- Participate with the implementation of new accounting and reporting guidance to include technical accounting research and design of new processes
- Lead process improvement initiatives to support financial reporting
- Interact with internal and external auditors to include management of PBCs
- Assist with the implementation and management of SOX controls
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Regulations S-K and S-X
- Intellectual curiosity, a willingness to learn and critical thinking skills
- Experience designing, implementing, and performing SOX controls is preferred
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA license or working towards CPA license required
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience required
- SEC reporting experience required
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience with SEC filers preferred
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- 15% or less travel primarily around quarterly and annual reporting
- Boise, ID