Retail Sales Manager
Job title: Retail Sales Manager
Who we are:
Savers Value Village™ is a for-profit global retailer that has become a neighborhood home to millions of thrifters across the U.S., Canada and Australia. We got our start nearly 70 years ago with a commitment to reuse, and today, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where shopping secondhand is second nature. We acquire the secondhand merchandise we sell in our stores from our non-profit partners, providing them with critical funding to support their missions. Over the last 5 years, we have paid our non-profit partners more than $615 million for gently-used, secondhand items dropped off at our stores. As a leader in reuse, we diverted nearly 600 million pounds of goods from landfills last year alone, extending the life of those reusable items.
We are also committed to recognizing the uniqueness of each of our team members and customers and to building a community where everyone can feel welcome. We care about your whole health and well-being.
Our benefits offerings include:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
The Retail Sales Manager (RSM) increases sales and profits by being responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day functions of the sales floor, and the customer and donor experience. This includes upholding company standards throughout all customer and donor areas of the store (inside and outside), remaining aware of customer and donor needs, and monitoring and ensuring fast, accurate and friendly service at the cash registers, on the retail floor, and at point of donation. The RSM’s supervision takes the form of side-by-side involvement in the work to observe, assess and coach performance, as well as to set the pace of work. The RSM links his/her every action to productivity and business results.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma. Post- Secondary degree/diploma preferred.
- Sales floor supervisor, cashier supervisor, customer service management, or retail management experience
Essential Job Functions:
Store Performance: Ensure store performance meets financial targets and key metrics based on annual and quarterly operating plan(s). Understand company objectives, local market potential and can analyze and act on key metrics, observations, and information.
Leadership and Development: Lead, direct and supervise the work of supervisors and operations team members. Plan staffing needs and coordinate recruitment, selection, and training. Identify and develop high potential supervisors and team members through on-the-job, guided work.
Customer/Donor Service: Receive and respond to customer questions, requests, and complaints. Process exchanges, special customer needs, and team member purchases as needed. Implement the set-up of sales and marketing promotions & programs.
Retail Operations: Schedule supervisors and team members for cash registers and sales floor to meet customer demand. Monitor sales, items sold and operations labor hours regularly throughout each shift to ensure efficiency targets are meet and determine the need to increase, decrease or reassign staffing.
Loss Prevention, Safety & Cash/Tender Control: Protect company assets and information by ensuring their safe handling, security, and integrity. Manage cash and tender controls. Perform morning accounting and banking procedures as needed. Proactively promote loss prevention awareness by upholding procedures and ensuring policies are in place.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of racks/carts weighing 50 to 250 pounds using 4 – 10 lbs. of force.
- Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending, and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to handle &/or inspect merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team, assist customers.
- Some exposure to hazardous machinery, solvents, continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
- Must adjust work schedule to the needs of the business, including working some nights, holidays, and weekends.
Travel: 5% Travel time required. May sometimes be required to drive to the bank to make deposits and will periodically need to drive to meetings or other stores for business purposes.
Value Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with a disability taking part in the interview and selection process.
799 Notre Dame Avenue, Sudbury, ON P3A 2T2