Business Development Associate - Structured Finance SaaS
Want to be a part of a fast-growing FinTech company in Rosslyn? Remote position until post Covid.
Join RiskSpan and you will work on a dynamic team of innovators side by side with actively engaged senior leadership. Collaborate with some of the brightest quantitative and analytical minds in the industry in a creative startup environment.
As a key contributor to our business development and sales team, you will apply analytic and finance skills to help acquire new customers, expand relationships, and drive revenue growth. You will build breadth and depth of knowledge in fixed income modeling and analytics solutions. You will be instrumental in helping fixed income institutions visualize themselves delivering value with our solutions to drive success.
Where you will make an impact
- Participate in strategy and discovery calls that build relationships and acquire a deep knowledge of prospective customer business issues and processes by asking strategic questions to form an understanding of pain points, redundancies, process gaps, and perceived value
- Apply critical thinking and strategy mindset to perform research and provide recommendations to the management team
- Build credibility with staff, administration, and key decision-makers as a subject matter and solution expert
- Prepare tailored demonstrations and solution sets that map to the customer’s needs based on discovery findings, and research
- Develop scripts and demonstration stories that align with customer prioritized needs
- Must be able to clearly articulate specific needs to internal technical resources when reports, analytics, workflows, or other new, customer-specific items are required
- Assist in the production of content to the library of internal and customer-facing resources
- Create and maintain demonstration materials such as PowerPoint presentations and other tools
- Manage, build and maintain key cyclical business processes within the demonstration environment
- Maintain industry and product knowledge
- Cross-train on other solutions as deemed appropriate by management to broaden skills and solution coverage for the solution consulting team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Fixed income SME or sales preferred, and will consider recent graduate will relevant industry knowledge, internship, and coursework
- Demonstrated understanding of current industry trends and issues in fixed income
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Passion for presenting solutions to critical business issues and problems
- Able to articulate and logically communicate concepts both technically and functionally
- Able to prioritize the work and possess strong project management skills
- Able to meet deadlines, follow up on commitments, and take action as needed
- Power user of technology
Our Perks and Benefits:
- Have Fun. Whether it is our company happy hours, bonding activities, or just a healthy amount of humor around the office, you will have fun here.
- On Premises Gym. There is one right in the building. We also have healthy snacks and drinks always available.
- Generous Referral and Cell Phone Benefits. You are a professional, we want you to help the company grow. So bring us more great people and build the relationships you need. We will reward you.
- Ample Vacation and Holidays. We encourage taking time off to relax, refresh, explore, or just spend time with friends and family.
- Health, Dental, and 401(k) that covers you. We want you to stay and thrive.
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.