Data Analyst / Business Analyst for Financial Services - contractor
Business Analyst/Data Analyst
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
- Perform analysis of large datasets created and used in the financial models and calculations; analyze the data elements and document the business user cases and detailed data requirements.
- Assist with data modeling of tables in existing and new databases; create/review logical and physical attribute and table names, propose data type and display format, document table relationship and primary/foreign keys.
- Lead cross-functional teams to migrate legacy databases to new databases (such as oracle and cloud databases); review the table structure, data inputs and data availability of the legacy and new databases, and perform manual testing to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Perform data validation and reconciliation of different data sources to ensure data consistency and accuracy. Extract, query, analyze and transform source data using SAS and SQL and compare with outputs.
- Assis project manager and product owner in managing work streams, documenting user stories and leading cross-functional team meetings. Act as the liaison between technical and business teams to collect, document and translate requirements; coordinate with developers, testers and manage delivery and acceptance of final products
- Train/coach junior analysts and new hires
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Database (Oracle, Netezza, AWS)
- SQL and SAS programming
- Project management and leadership experience
- Outstanding written and communication Skills
- Agile experience
- Understanding of data modeling and financial/mortgage industry preferred
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.