Director, People Operations
Resolver operates as a hybrid workforce where you can work at home, in the office, or a mix of both. For this particular role we are looking for someone who wants to hang out with us in real life around 2-3 times per week.
The Director, People Operations is accountable for aligning human resources strategies and initiatives with the overall business objectives of Resolver. You will act as a strategic partner to managers, leaders and executives, providing expertise and executional excellence on HR matters pertaining to planning, employee relations, organizational development, total reward and people operations.
You will join a high performing People & Culture team who enjoy continually evolving the growth and culture of Resolver as well as looking to the future change leadership of our integration with Kroll Digital Services.
Resolver is a high-growth SaaS company whose intuitive, no-code platform gives our customers a clear picture of their risks so they can make quick and effective decisions. As a part of the Resolver team, your work will help transform risk management to risk intelligence so organizations can protect people and assets and deliver on their purpose.
We are ambitious in both our mission and our culture. As a business within Kroll, we offer an innovative, non-hierarchical work environment blended with the stability and financial security of an enterprise. Resolver has also been named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work six years in a row!
What does that really mean for you? Let's hear from the Hiring Manager!
Hi! I’m Amanda,
I started my journey with Resolver seven years ago when we were 90 people in two Canadian offices. We had a filing cabinet of HR records as our "department", but it didn't matter because we had incredibly passionate and ambitious people. I joined Resolver because I like building stuff, I wanted to collaborate with talented people, and be part of a leadership team who would invest in culture. Fast-forward through the acquisition of 3 companies, expansion to 5 countries, awards, our acquisition by Kroll...and all of the reasons I joined are still true today. Our next evolution will involve the continued growth of Resolver and the go-forward integration with Kroll. High growth/change/iteration isn't for everyone, but if you're the successful candidate, you will carve out a critical space in our future scale. Plus, you'll show up a phenomenal team (who makes us all look good), a culture of exceptionally talented Resolverites who will inspire you every day and a committed coach (me). Up for the challenge?...let's chat! Also - I've podcasted, so if you want to see if we're aligned, check me out at www.linkedin.com/in/amandaono - enough about me, onto the the fun stuff!
Let's break down the day-to-day a little further:
Strategic HR Planning & Organizational Development (20%)
Measures of Success: eNPS, regrettable attrition
- Collaborate with senior leaders to align HR strategies with business goals. Develop and execute comprehensive HR plans that support workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent development and overall organizational effectiveness.
- Collaborate with CHRO, Director of Learning & Engagement, Talent Acquisition Leadership and wider P&C Team to deliver a talent development plan that will support Resolver’s OKR to be a great place to work.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing organizational performance and employee engagement.
- Utilize HR data and metrics to measure and analyze the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives.
- Identify trends, generate insights, and provide recommendations to senior leadership and the business that will facilitate our culture.
- Develop and maintain HR dashboards and reports to monitor key HR metrics.
Employee Relations & Partnering (30%)
Measure of success: relevant data analytics, eNPS, regrettable attrition, internal career progression rates
- Oversee employee relations activities and policies, ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Serves as an advisor to leadership for employment-related legal issues in accordance with federal, state, provincial, and local governance.
- Handle complex employee relations issues, conduct investigations, and provide guidance on disciplinary actions.
- Engage with leadership and employees on overall change management.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment that promotes open communication and resolves conflicts effectively.
Measure of success: relevant data analytics, eNPS, regrettable attrition
- Continuously ensure competitive and equitable total rewards programs.
- Analyze market trends, conduct benchmarking, and make recommendations on compensation strategies, benefits packages, and recognition programs.
- Build commission and bonus plans that will attract and retain top-tier talent.
- Lead the annual compensation review process with a view of internal, market and diversity equity.
- Partner with Finance and senior leadership to calibrate People-related budgets.
Measure of success: team engagement, team ENPS, cross-pollination of key initiatives.
- Lead and mentor the People Operations Specialist, providing guidance, coaching, and development opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment that promotes a high level of performance and continuous improvement.
- Proactively collaborate with P&C Leadership within Resolver, Kroll Digital and the wider Kroll Team to elevate our People function and its reach.
- Support special projects related to integration with Kroll and beyond.
More about you:
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, with a focus on HR business partnering.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and best practices. Resolver operates in Canada, the US, UK, India, New Zealand and Australia. Canadian exposure is a must, the more global experience the better.
- Demonstrated expertise in HR planning and organizational development, with a strong ability to influence at senior levels.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and ability to collaborate on financial models that will support both budgetary and people objectives.
- Proven leadership and ability to advise both direct and indirect reports.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with an eye for analytics and long-term continuous improvement.
- Experience with integrations and organizational transformation an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
What we’ll give you in return
Resolver is one of Canada's Great Workplaces. Culture isn't just something we write about (although we do), we live our values and challenge each other to be our best selves. We invest in Resolverites who will grow with us. We have a comprehensive rewards package to show our team our appreciation for everything they do:
- Health and Wellness Benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months!
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We host a learning workshop about every 6 weeks on topics like Time Management, Self-Awareness and Giving Feedback; we also have e-learning to meet the needs of our remote team. We offer a Career Development Program to help you identify and build your skillsets for internal growth opportunities and beyond. We also have a Coaching Program for all our managers. We know how important it is to have a good boss, so we invest in their development.
- Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. On average, we see most folks enjoying between 3-4 weeks off a year.
- Parental leave: Best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and a bonus 5 weeks for birth mothers.
- Flexibility & trust – While we are remote for now, we enable our team to create a work environment that will set them up for success. We hire adults and we trust you to manage your outcomes. Day-to-day, everyone is given the option to decide whether they want to work remote or in-office depending on the needs of their role.
- Back in the Office – If you choose to come into the office once we’re back, you will have access to snacks and beverages and in-office games like Switch, chess and ping-pong. We will be offering up lots of opportunity for team socials too, including the folks who are remote!
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, click here to get the process rolling.
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates.
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]