Software Development Manager
The Development Manager at Resolver is responsible for facilitating success of the team through the development process; research, design, programming, and testing of our software technology in order to enable and support short and long term business goals. In this hands-on technical role you'll spend the first 6 months in the weeds as a developer, understanding our tech stack and approach. After 6 months you'll begin to lead a team comprised of both hires you'll have the opportunity to make and existing members of our development team.
Resolver is a high-growth SaaS company whose intuitive, no-code platform gives our customers a clear picture of their risks so they can make quick and effective decisions. As a part of the Resolver team, your work will help transform risk management to risk intelligence so organizations can protect people and assets and deliver on their purpose.
We are ambitious in both our mission and our culture. As a business within Kroll, we offer an innovative, non-hierarchical work environment blended with the stability and financial security of an enterprise. Resolver has also been named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work six years in a row!
What you'll be doing:
Technical Leadership (30%)
Measures of success: Continuous improvement of team velocity, ability to nurture your team’s technical skills, ability to drive practices that ensure high quality of software
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship, assists team to product high quality software
- Work with the team to develop solutions through analyzing needs; conferring with internal users (app owners, product, sales, services); studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Lead troubleshooting engagement with a customer to help identify and remediate customer issues
Measures of success: clean and efficient code, ability to stay within scope/specifications
- Develop new user-facing features, from the database all the way to the browser
- Identify issues proactively and remediate them quickly and efficiently
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
Team Management (25%)
Measures of success: Team efficiency, continuous improvement of agile techniques
- Manage the team’s agile process in co-ordination with the rest of the engineering leadership team
- Work with the Product Team to create time estimates and delivery windows for software releases
- Work with developers, architects and QE to deliver quality code
- Perform peer code review and provide succint and relevant feedback; manage the peer code review system
- Work with the team to prioritize and fix defects and stabilize existing code
- Co-ordinate the annual SR&ED process for the team
Team Development and Building (15%)
Measures of success weekly one-on-one meetings, completion of individual learning plans, internal career progression
- Maintain an up to date set of development goals for each team member, meeting with team members to discuss
- Motivate mentor and coach the team in achievement of both individual and company goals
- Partner with talent to proactively recruit high caliber employees
What you bring to the table:
- A passion for creating great content and developing extraordinary software.
- Demonstrated success in people mentorship or leadership in a software development environment
- Exceptional analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a fast-paced job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science and/or engineering or related experience from an accredited University
What we’ll give you in return:
Resolver is one of Canada's Great Workplaces. Culture isn't just something we write about (although we do), we live our values and challenge each other to be our best selves. We invest in Resolverites who will grow with us. We have a comprehensive rewards package to show our team our appreciation for everything they do:
- Health and Wellness Benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months!
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We host a learning workshop about every 6 weeks on topics like Time Management, Self-Awareness and Giving Feedback; we also have e-learning to meet the needs of our remote team. We offer a Career Development Program to help you identify and build your skillsets for internal growth opportunities and beyond. We also have a Coaching Program for all our managers. We know how important it is to have a good boss, so we invest in their development.
- Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. On average, we see most folks enjoying between 3-4 weeks off a year.
- Parental leave: Best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and a bonus 5 weeks for birth mothers.
- Flexibility & Trust – While we are remote for now, we enable our team to create a work environment that will set them up for success. We hire adults and we trust you to manage your outcomes. Day-to-day, everyone is given the option to decide whether they want to work remote or in-office depending on the needs of their role.
- Back in the Office – If you choose to come into the office once we’re back, you will have access to snacks and beverages and in-office games like Switch, chess and ping-pong. We will be offering up lots of opportunity for team socials too, including the folks who are remote!
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, we’d like to meet you.
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates!
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]